Thursday 5 November 2015

A Room For Improvement

Last week, our group is the first group to present our task. It is not very satisfying since I haven't prepared myself so I just simply said anything that came to mind. But yet, as a student we have to know how to talk in front of other people without a text prepared.

For our task, we are required to record a live session between a helper and a helpee. All this time while attending the class, I can only learn all the skills and techniques theoretically. By doing this assignment, I be able to see how the techniques works in real live session. Not to mention, I am facing a bit confusion between paraphrasing and restating since both are quite similar in their on way. But after having some discussion and role play with my group member, I finally understand the difference between paraphrasing and restating.

I am having fun doing this task. It is not like we are doing this for the sake of our marks, but throughout this video making, I learnt a lot of things. I learnt how to handle my frustration when the video doesn't come out the way I want, I learnt how to be a good helper, I learnt how to use all the techniques and skills we learn in class, I learnt many things that can equipped me to be a good counselor in a future.

It has been such a great time attending Dr Fa class. We left with only a few weeks before semester 1 ended. I wish Dr Fa will be teaching us again in future. May all of us get the maximum benefit from this class.

THANK YOU DR FA!

No comments:

Post a Comment