Wednesday 28 October 2015

My Very First Time As A Client

Firstly, I feel very appreciate that Dr Fa give us a group assignment which is carry out a counseling session. In the assignment, I get the opportunity to be a client. I feel very nervous because this is my first time to be a client and take part in a counseling session. I found that is too difficult for a client to express their feeling, thought and emotion deeper and deeper. However, encouragement of counselor is very important to help the client talk more about their issue and express their emotion and feeling. Although I am not a counselor in this counseling session but I still can learn the helping skills and theory from my group members. There are a lot of words and sentences we use wrongly, but we able to correct it very well after discussion. I feel that this is a very good experience and good practice for us about the proper way to using helping skills and how the counseling session is carry out. I believe that all the counseling student can performance better in live counseling session in the future through this assignment.

Good luck all my fellow friends :D
* Chan Wei Sian, Bird (51409)

No comments:

Post a Comment