Sunday 20 September 2015

Helper or Helpee?

In unit 1, I have learnt about the effective helper and how can we give effective help through series of helping phases and stages. Yesterday I had my philosophy principle of counseling assignment work in Kuching downtown which involve interview session with respondents. Some technique like the Helping Phase I (Building the Relationship ) that learn from this BHS class is important to develop the trust of others toward us to be interviewed. While carrying out the interview session, I do find out many of them having problems whether external or internal who really in need of listening ears and advices from someone who are trustworthy. In fact, after finish the first tutorial lesson with the sharing of Dr Fa cases experience, somehow I felt that it’s really a long tough journey, difficulty strike in neither personal capacity nor intelligence level, but the inner struggling with your own self. In the helping process, seem like one-sided benefit, but I believe it’s mutual indeed. Gain come after loss simultaneously.


Helper or Helpee...?  Hmm..Just wanna be a blessing to the others.


Josephine Lo Jing Wen
(52070)

No comments:

Post a Comment